Halloween is coming closer! Trick or treaters are getting ready for fun and candies!
And parents are worried about the kids oral health.
So here are some tips to prevent cavities during this season.
Many researchers suggest that cavities are caused by bacteria which produce acid in the presence of fermented carbohydrates or, sugars. Prevent this from happening by:
1. Letting kids eat candy for limited times of the day. Don't let them eat candies throughout the day.
2. Try to avoid hard and sticky candies (lollipops,gummy bears etc) because they stick on the chewing surface of the teeth, or may chip them.
3. Stick to more easily meltable sweets.
4. Let them eat crunchy fruits like apples and crunchy veggies like celery after eating candy in order to remove the sugar from the teeth.
5. Make sure kids do proper brushing and flossing.
6. Check for new white spots on the tooth. If any, make sure to get examined by dentist before it gets bigger.
7. And if it's possible, try to get sugar free candy.
Have a happy and safe Halloween with a healthy smile!!